Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sharing from the Heart Blog Hop

Welcome to September's Sharing from the Heart Blog Hop.

If you have arrived from Adeline's blog, you are in the right spot.  If you are starting on my blog, just keep going until you get back to mine.  We have 14 ladies participating this month.

For September we were given the option of using this months Stamp of the Month - Limited Edition, a colour combo or something with fall.  I chose to create 2 different cards - one uses Limited Edition and one has a fall feel to it.
This card uses the Limited Edition stamp set.  I found it very dificult to come up with something with this set.  I think it's because every time I look at it I want to cut out the tag shape on it with my Art Philosophy Cartridge and I don't have it yet (although I received the shipping notice for it yesterday.)  I do have to thank Nona for this card as she sent me the pieces to make it.  Check out this post for more details.


The second card for this hop uses the new SO GRATEFUL stamp set for the fall inspired card.  I fell in love with this set as soon as I saw it in the Idea Book.  This card is made with the retired Olivia paper, but I thought it was perfect to show off the pumpkin.  If you like this card, be sure to ask me about my National Card Making Day workshop on October 1st as this is one of the cards we will be creating.  The band across the middle is a retired Kraft border that I covered in pear ink.  The leaf for the pumpkin was added with a pop-dot.

I hope you've enjoyed the hop so far, but now it's on to Pattie's blog to see what she's created for the hop.



Supplies used for Card 1(all CTMH unless otherwise noted):

Paper: Mayberry
Stamps: Limited Edition (September SOTM)
Ink: Olive, Smoothie
Embellishments: Kraft colour ready borders

Supplies used for Card 2(all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Pattern:   Originals - Heartfelt Classic
Paper:  Olivia
Stamps: So Grateful
Ink: Pear, Sunset, Barn Red
Embellishments: Kraft Colour ready borders
Post a Comment