Friday, September 14, 2012

Fitness Friday

If you read my last post then you know that Friday is going to be all about the journey to the "new" me. 

I've been saying for a while that I want to start to run.  I also want to run a 1/2 marathon at some point.  Back in the spring I started to get out a bit to run but something always got in the way - I didn't get up early enough, I couldn't go on my break at work because people needed to talk to me,  evening meetings at work meant I got home to late, blah blah blah.

In the Spring I found out about the Scentsy Consultant Wellness Page on Facebook.  Yes you read that right - Scentsy has page that is dedicated to helping their consultants get healthier.  How amazing is that!!!  Does your employer do that for you?!?!?!  Anyways I lurked around there for a while, and then started to look at some of the challenges.

So I finally started this week.  I'm not thrilled with the numbers on the scale.  And yes I know that some people out there would be happy to see those number son the scale, but I'm not.  And I don't think that I'm ready to share them with you.  I will however share with you what my goals are to help keep me accountable.....

By the end of February I'd like to be down 20 pounds, and then by the end of July down another 20 pounds for a total of 40 pounds.

So this week I started doing the C210K (Couch potato to 10K) running guide thing.  :P  So far I have completed Week 1 days 1 and 2, and I will complete day 3 tomorrow.  I also started a core building class last night that runs until Christmas.  I'm keeping track of my "miles" on dailymile, so if you are there, be sure to add me (I think my name is hmpoohbear).  So far I'm able to complete about 3km in 30 minutes.  And it's only going to get better.
Post a Comment