Thursday, January 10, 2013

Project Life

So I've heard for the last couple of years about this "Project Life thing", and I never knew what it was other than people seemed to be trying to take at least one picture every day of the year.  Personally to me it seemed like an awful lot to commit to.  I mean if it was me, not only would I have to remember to take a picture every day, but then I'd have to do something with it.  And considering the fact that I'm a good 2-3 years behind on my scrapping, I knew this wasn't going to happen.

Being the beginning of the year, people are talking about it again.  So I thought I'd look into it a little more.  I Googled project life and all the information from Becky Higgins (who I believe was the original creator) came up.   After reading that, plus some information from some fellow Close to my Heart Consultant's, I've decided that I"m going to join in the fun.

So from what I can tell, you basically either (A) create a layout for each day of the year documenting your life, (B) create a double page layout for each week of the year, or (C) create a double page layout for each month of the year.  I've decided to go with the middle option.  I've put a notebook in my bedside table so I can document each day before I go to bed each night.  Now some days aren't very exciting (ie: went for a walk or tried a new recipe), but at least I've got something to start with.  And because the idea is for you to be able to make the scrapbook quickly, it seems as though most people basically divide their pages into 6 spots, and create journal mats that are 4x6, so that you can just add some words, throw down a few pictures and go.  You could even purchase page protectors that are already divided that way (like Close to my Heart's Photo Storage pages.  And they are available in both horizontal.)

Well, if you've ever scrapped with me, you know that I tend to make A LOT of layouts with the intention of adding pictures to them later.


This pile alone has 40 blank layouts in it.  And I  know there are more around.  So as I work on my Project Life album (I'm still working on my own name for it), my goal is to also use up as may of these layouts as I can.  If you are not like me and don't hoard layouts, then you may be interested in the kit that I'm working on putting together.  It will consist of all Close to my Heart products, but you will be able to customize it to fit your style and needs.  I'm hoping to keep the cost somewhere between $50-$75 - not bad to have a whole scrapbook done for a year.  Once I have the details finalized I'll be sure to post them.

Happy Crafting!
Post a Comment