Monday, January 14, 2013

RELAY FOR LIFE

The Canadian Cancer Society is a cause that is near and dear to my heart.  We all have our story of our family members/friends who have been affected by this disease, and I'm not different.  My parents were diagnosed within 7 months of each other.  Mom won her battle and has been cancer free for 10 years!!!!!  While dad unfortunately lost his battle about 8 months after his diagnosis.

I wanted to participate in my first relay in 2003 as this was the first one after my parents were diagnosed, but it was the night before my wedding so I didn't think that would be the best idea.  Instead we got a team together for 2004 and watched mom walk in the survivor lap, and then lit luminaries in memory of dad and all the others who weren't able to join us.  We continued each year, until I moved accross the province, but the team still continued for a couple of years.

Now that I'm back, we're at it again.  And we need your help.  As this is our first year back, our goal is a modest $5000.  We are in the process of planning some exciting events along the way to raise some additional money as well.  But if you'd like to support us by making a donation, then check out our team page here.


Post a Comment