Monday, April 8, 2013

A New Me....

Many of us talk about eating better, losing weight, and getting healthy.  But how many of us do it?  Or how many of us start, have a bad day and then just stop altogether?  That's me on and off the wagon.  Well I will now be running my first race at the end of this month and I'm so not ready - and it's because of this on again, off again mentality.  Now it's "only" a 5K I'm doing, but that's 5K more than I have ever run at one time before.

So over the next month I may use this blog as a way to "journal" my accomplishments in my training.  Perhaps it will also hold me accountable to my training.  Don't worry I won't post any scary pictures of myself, although I've been thinking that I need to take a picture in either my workout gear or a bathing suit and post it on the fridge so I have a visual of what it looks like.

My kids are going to help me with this too - my 5 year old is always asking about what food is healthy for you and what isn't healthy.  After all they are a big part of the reason for my transformation - teaching them how to stay healthy.  And now that the warmer weather is starting to return we'll be walking to school rather than driving.

So ... I have my first 5K set for April 27, another 5K set for July 10, and a 1/2 marathon set for September 22.  And honestly as of now that 1/2 marathon scares the crap out of me. 

So here's to the beginning of a healthier me.  :)
Post a Comment