Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bitten by a Bug....

I think I've been bitten by the running bug.  Now I can't say that I LOVE running as of right now, but I did LOVE my first race at the Forest City Road Race (#FCRR) last month.  In face I keep looking into more races.

So..... I've decided to challenge myself to 40 races before I'm 40.  That gives me 6 years.  I'm not giong to say that they all have to be 5K's or 1/2 marathons.  As long as I complete 40 I will reach my goal.  I have a few races that I would LOVE to do, but not sure that I'll actually get to them or not.  So, I'm going to keep track of the races I've completed on a page on my blog, and you can follow along if you'd like.

So here is my list of some of the races I'd LOVE to do - as in these would be on my bucket list.  We'll see how many of them I can get on my 40 before 40 list.  Oh and I'd be happy to complete ANY race associated with the race listed - not necessarily the marathon.

  1. Ottawa Race weekend
  2. Great Wall of China Marathon
  3. Disney's Princess Weekend
  4. Disney's Tinkerbell Weekend
  5. Boston Marathon
  6. Detroit Marathon
  7. Team diabetes in Reykjavik Iceland
  8. Blue Nose Marathon
  9. A Colour Run
  10. Complete 1 race in each province and territory in Canada.
 So who's going to help keep me accountable????
Post a Comment