It's summer time and I know we are all spending time outside enjoying the sunshine and the surf! For this month's blog hop, we are featuring the exclusive "Surf's Up" paper pack from Close to My Heart! We're celebrating fun in the sun with this colorful paper pack that also has some amazing coordinating accessories and embellishment.
Not only are all of our creations going to use our Surf's Up paper line BUT they will also be using our exclusive Art Philosophy, Artiste, and/or the NEW Artbooking Cricut cartridges available exclusively through a Close to My Heart consultant! What ?!?!? If you don't already have a Consultant that you are currently working with, please contact one of the Consultants in our hop with any questions you have!
In this hop, you will see projects featuring this versatile cartridges from many talented crafty ladies! Enjoy our blog hop!
If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Lucy's blog – Love 2 Create. If you came from Justine of The Twilight Stamper then you are in the right place!
I was so excited to create something with the Surf's Up paper pack for you. And that I was going to get to play with my Cricut (I really don't get it out enough). So I looked through the cricut book, looked for ideas in the Close to My Heart idea book, on Pinterest, etc and I just couldn't find what I wanted to show you. So I left it for a few days. And then it came to me - simplicity!
Many of the items that I see created from the cricut are beautiful and stunning works of art. But I think sometimes we forget that we can use our cartridges for the simper things too. So I decided to make a couple of cards, and keep them simple. I love how they turned out, and the are the perfect size to use as thank yous for my customers orders.
I used the Artiste Cartridge from Close to my Heart for these cards. The dial was set at 3 to make them into the cute little 3x3 cards. I inked the edges with Lagoon ink, and used "A True Thank you" as the sentiment. It was also stamped in Lagoon, and then I used the Sorbet alcohol markers to colour in "Thank You". You may remember that this stamp set was used to raise money for the Red Cross after the devastating tornadoes hit Oklahoma. If you missed purchasing it, you will be able to get it starting August 1st from the Fall/Winter Idea Book.
I'm the last stop on this hop, but if you'd like to start again head back to Lucy's blog at Love 2 Create.
Here is the complete lineup in case you get lost along the way:
- Lucy ~Love 2 Create (link: http://www.love2createitall.com/2013/07/surfs-up.html)
- Theodora ~Celebrate Crafts (link: http://www.celebratecrafts.com/2013/07/surfs-up.html)
- Traci ~Paper Crafting 101 (link: http://papercrafting101.blogspot.com/2013/07/surfs-up.html)
- Michelle ~My Flights of Fancy (link: http://www.myflightsoffancy.com/surfs-up-blog-hop )
- Melinda Everitt - ifyoublingit (link: http://ifyoublingit.blogspot.com/2013/07/surfs-up.html)
- Melissa Harris ~ The Keen Krafter (link: http://thekeenkrafter.blogspot.com/2013/07/surfs-up.html)
- Justine Hovey ~ The Twilight Stamper (link: http://www.justinehovey.com/2013/07/surf's-up.html)
- Heather Hunt ~ Creative Coconut (link: http://creativecoconut08.blogspot.ca/2013/07/surfs-up.html )
Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you.